About Our Classes
A Relish cooking experience is the perfect complement to your wine country
experience. Step into our virtual Healdsburg kitchen and meet the chefs, food
purveyors, and winemakers that make Sonoma County a food and wine
Relish creates a relaxed, festive environment for everyone,
from beginners to more experienced cooks. Events are held at a variety of Sonoma County locations, including vineyards, farms, wineries and private homes, as specified with each event description. Directions to these "roving" events are provided with the confirmation that we send once you register. The majority of our events include a complete meal (unlike many cooking schools who provide small tastes), so you'll savor every bite of each recipe. And our professional and engaging chef-instructors—local chefs, restaurateurs, caterers, artisans, winemakers and more—will
ensure that you leave every class with new techniques, recipes, and ideas.
Other important information about our events:
- Guests receive copies of all recipes and full
meal portions of all menu items unless otherwise noted on the
- Hands-on classes
allow students to cook the meal themselves under the guidance of a chef. Typically, a
hands-on class consists of three segments: a brief lecture and demonstration, cooking
time, and, of course, sitting down and enjoying the prepared recipes. Usually,
guests work in small groups on one or more recipes in parallel
with the other groups. When possible, we structure a hands-on class to enable all participants to cook all the recipes. For a hands-on class, please dress in
casual clothing and comfortable, closed-toed shoes. Most hands-on
classes are limited to 20 students and last 3 hours
unless otherwise noted.
- Unless otherwise noted in the class description, guests over
21 years of age will be offered 2 to 3 glasses of wine (totally 8 or 9 ounces), served with the food. Additional wine is often available for purchase by the glass or bottle. Class participants may be asked to present
identification to prove that they are of legal California drinking age.
- The minimum age for unaccompanied participation in a Relish class is 16 years. People aged 12 -15 are welcome to attend most classes if accompanied by an adult (over 21 years old.) Please contact us if you would like to bring a guest younger than 16 to ensure the class is appropriate for a younger person.
- Staff for each class includes the chef-instructor, a Relish event manager
and a varying number of event assistants based on the type and size of the class.
- We reserve the right
to substitute menu items and ingredients due to availability.
Policies & Liability
- Participation in a Relish
hands-on class places you in a typical cooking environment with
inherent risk. By registering for a Relish event, you agree to
release Relish and its staff, employees and contractors, from all
liability arising from direct or indirect damages or injury.
- By attending a Relish event,
you agree to be photographed or filmed and give permission to use
your likeness in promotional materials.
reserve the right to cancel or reschedule classes due to
insufficient enrollment or instructor illness. In case of
cancellation, students will be notified and full refunds will be
- Relish accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discovery and American Express and personal checks for payment. We use an online booking system called Xola that allows you to register quickly, easily and securely. You can also call us to register, especially if you want to pay with a check or a gift certificate issued earlier than 2014.
offer a 10% discount to groups of 6 or more if you book online (unless otherwise noted).
fees must be paid at the time of registration as classes are filled
on a first-come, first-served basis.
week’s cancellation notice is required for a refund, minus a $15
transaction fee. Refunds can only be made in the same
method as originally paid. There are no refunds or credits when less
than one week's notice is received; we
encourage you to find a substitute should you discover that you are
unable to attend a class. Please understand that we cannot make
must receive a full or partial group cancellation (6 or more guests) at least 3 weeks in advance to be
able to provide a refund (minus a $15 transaction fee). If it's a partial cancellation, the group discount could be forfeited.