Add another dimension to your cooking experience by being a Class Assistant. Earn free classes
while working behind the scenes with our talented chef-instructors.
There are many benefits to assistanting with a class, including:
- Receive class recipe packet
- Savor the event's wine and food
- Interact behind-the-scenes with chefs and
- Learn new cooking tips and techniques
- Earn one free class for
every three assisted classes
- Have fun!
Class Assistant obligations include:
- Committing approximately 6 hours of time for
each class, most of which is on your feet.
- Arrive 1.5 hours before the class to help prep
- Assist the chef with plating and serving food, facilitate cooking,
serve water and wine and clear dishes
during the class (usually 3 hours in duration)
- Stay 1 hour after the class straighten up
- Have hair pulled back and wear comfortable, close-toed shoes and nice, casual
clothing (no sleeveless shirts; jeans discouraged except at farm
classes; Relish provides aprons)
- Provide at least 5 days notice if you are
unable to assist at a class
- Have fun!
Our goal is to have enough Class Assistants (plus the
chef-instructor and a Relish manager) at each class (in some cases as many as 6 Assistants for roving events) so everyone enjoys the class and the tasks go easily and quickly for all. The number of Assistants varies depending on the class,
where it is, how many attendees, etc. It is critical for Class Assistants to attend the
classes they commit to--we are counting on you.
After your third assisted class, you can choose
any class to attend up to $84 value. You can pay the difference to attend classes that cost more. Please note that our standard cancellation policy also applies to Class Assistant credits.
We will assign Class Assistants on a first come, first
served basis, so check out the Class Assistant Event List and contact us by phone or
email to select the
available class(es) that interest you.
For private and corporate events, we hire and pay
servers to assist with a combination of set-up, prep, serving and clean up. Private event servers are provided food but wine is limited to the event guests.
Please contact us at email@example.com if
you are interested in paid server opportunities.