Add another dimension to your cooking experience by being a Class Assistant. Class Assistants attend the class for free in exchange for helping with the class, plus earn free classes
while working behind the scenes with our talented chef-instructors.
There are many benefits to assistanting with a class, including:
- Receive class recipe packet
- Savor the event's wine and food
- Interact behind-the-scenes with chefs and
- Learn new cooking tips and techniques
- Earn one free class* for
every three assisted classes
- 10% discount on Relish merchandise and gift certificates
- Have fun!
Class Assistant obligations include:
- Committing approximately 6 hours of time for
each class, most of which is on your feet
- Arrive 1.5 hours before the class to help prep
- Assist the Event Manager with event set-up, facilitating cooking,
plating and serving food, serving beverages and clearing dishes
- Engage and keep a positive attitude with the class participants
- Stay 1 hour after the class to help straighten up and put away equipment
- Have hair pulled back and wear comfortable, close-toed shoes and nice, casual
clothing (no sleeveless shirts)
- Jeans discouraged except at farm events
- Relish provides an apron to wear during the event
- Provide at least 5 days notice if you are unable to assist at a class
- Have fun!
Our goal is to have enough Class Assistants (plus the
chef-instructor and a Relish Event Manager) at each class so everyone enjoys the class and the tasks go easily and quickly for all. The number of Assistants varies depending on the class,
where it is, how many attendees, etc.
It is critical for Class Assistants to attend the
classes they commit to—we are counting on you!
We will assign Class Assistants on a first come, first
served basis, so check out the current schedule of events and contact us by phone at 707.431.9999 or email to select the
class(es) that interest you.
After you assist with three classes, you earn a free class credit up to $100 in value.
- Please call Relish to redeem your free credit.
- If you choose to attend a class that that costs more than $100, you are welcome to pay the difference.
- You can reassign the free class to another person as a gift certificate.
- You can redeem up to two class credits for a single event (bring a friend!)
- Please note that our standard cancellation policy applies to Class Assistant credits, so if you cancel less than one week before a booked class, you will lose the credit.